POST COVID-19 REOPENING POLICY
Dear Valued Patients,
This policy has been created and based on multiple updated sources from within the dental and medical professions and the government.
It outlines modifications to our normal procedures that we intend to employ once the practice is reopened, during the Covid-19 pandemic.
It is not known at this time whether these procedures are temporary or whether they will become feature of the way dental practices must be run to ensue patient safety in the future.
The world Covid-19 pandemic is still being evaluated and studied policies and recommendations are likely to change in line with new scientific evidence over time.
We would like to thank all our patients for their patience and forbearance during the period of temporary practice closure and for their understanding and cooperation whilst we implement new measures at the practice.
We will of course be providing dental care to all our patients in the safest possible environment. We greatly appreciate your assistance with any new or modified procedures at the practice.
We will still have a restriction on some type of appointments, firstly emergencies only without the use AGP’s (Aerosol Generated Procedures), and routine dental appointments and the use of AGP’s will be delayed for a little longer.
The practice will open on the 16th June for patients that require urgent dental treatment.
This will be extended to other patient groups as further restrictions are eased further.
Frankel Dental Care will practice the reopening and practising our updated procedures, before patients return the practice.
We will initially be seeing patients:
● Patients with emergency appointments or other dental treatments that require urgent treatment and assessment.
● These patients that have been triaged since the closure of the practice on the 23rd March 2020.
When the lockdown is eased further, we will be seeing patients that require:
● Treatments that need the use of AGP’s (Aerosol generated procedures) that have been delayed.
● General treatment such as Examinations and Hygiene appointment
● Anyone that has delayed orthodontic work
● Anyone that has delayed implant treatment
● Patients that have delayed treatment before practice closure
PATIENT COMMUNICATION BEFORE REOPENING
We will firstly be calling patient’s that have been triaged since the 23rd March 2020.
All patients will be sent patient protocol when attending the practice, Covid-19 Questionnaire and a Covid-19 consent to treatment.
This way all the patients, will be screened before attending the practice. But they are asked to contact us if any issues arise before attending their appointment.
All our current patients have been sent a generic text message, to say when we are reopening for general treatment at the end of July.
NEW MEASURES TO REDUCE THE RISK OF COVID-19 TRANSMISSION
Our normal cross-infection control protocols at Frankel Dental Care against all previously pathogens are already woven into all clinical activity carried out at the practice.
It should be remembered that a dental practice is already a very clean environment compared to public areas and there is no evidence of Covid-19 transmission occurring in increased rates of dentists and their staff.\
Due to the updated guidance’s received to all dental practices, we have updated our protocol’s in the practice to co inside with the recommendations.
Please be assured that all our clinical staff will also be complying with the updated procedures to prevent the risk of cross infection in both directions.
BEFORE ATTENDING AT THE PRACTICE
We will carry out a pre-attendance assessment via assessment forms at least 3 days before your appointment. Our staff will contact you to remind you of this if we have not received your completed forms. If the forms are not returned your appointment will be deferred.
If we feel you are at risk of having possibly being infected, even if you are asymptomatic, we will respectfully request for you to delay your appointment.
Frankel Dental Care will be operating a contactless payment system going forwards, and we will request that your payment is made over the phone for the appointment before attending. If the fee is not paid in advance, again we will have to defer your appointment.
This reduces the requirement unnecessary contact or use of pin entries on card terminals on reception.
When we are ready to see you, we will contact you via phone to come into the practice.
We also request that you come alone, to reduce the risk of transmission.
The Team @ Frankel Dental Care
ARRIVING AT THE PRACTICE
We are asking the patients to do the following:
● Please knock at the door and allow our staff to open the door. Your
temperature will be measured on arrival.
● Your belongings will be placed into a basket.
● We will then ask you to use the provided hand sanitiser, gloves and masks provided.
● You will then be escorted to the surgery by a member of staff
● Please arrive at your designated time alone or with 1 carer (only for children 15 years and below and elderly patients) with minimum personal belongings and use the hand sanitisers on entry to the building.
● Carers will be expected to wait outside the practice.
● Please brush your teeth at home and use the toilet at home as the use of
toilet at the practice is barred.
● Please bring your own PPE including masks and gloves then take it back home with you. Do not dispose of it at the practice.
● Drinking water and pens for filling forms, these will not be provided at the practice.
● On entry avoid touching any surfaces including door handles or on any other surfaces as far as possible.
● We always endeavour to run on time but since as we are attending to emergencies for patients, we may run overtime to complete treatment, this may require you to wait longer before we see you. We endeavour to avoid these.
A copy of this protocol has already sent to patients, along with the questionnaire.
Frankel Dental Care have spent time critically looking at every aspect of the practice with a view to removing all non-essential items that can possibly be the cause of infection.
You will find that the practice may appear quiet and bare when you attend.
The toilets will be for staff only to use at the present time.
All clinical and common areas including door handled and surfaces will regularly be disinfected in addition to our normal cleaning protocols between patients.
Frankel Dental Care will be providing a buffer period between patients to allow additional time for decontamination procedures and to allow preparation for the next patient so that they do not need to use the waiting room.
All future appointments will be made and confirmed by text or email.
All dental staff will be using personal protective equipment inline with current recommendations and evidence.
We apologise in advance for the necessary reduction in social interaction. Whilst our masks may make us appear impersonal and distant, please be assured we are still the same friendly team.
We are especially mindful of and AGP’s (aerosol generating procedures) and it will be difficult for us to carry out some dental procedures. Aerosol suspended in air is a theoretical source of infection which we obviously wish to keep to a minimum. Currently we are not currently out any AGP’s until our emergency patients have been seen.
Staff will be using full personal protection at all appointments, as we are now and will maintain the same high standards.
Once we do start carrying out AGP treatment, we will be using a new mask called a FFP3.
Please be reassured that most of you will be healthy and well, and unlikely to have Covid-19. The extra measures we are taking are sensible and practical, considering the current guidelines to provide a safe, clean and professional environment for you. These will be updated as necessary.